Monday, July 29, 2013

Week #80 - The Hard Makes it Great


Hey Nilsen fam!

Guess what? I`m sitting here right now emailing you while I`m wearing a freshly sewed set of pants! Woo! I`d love to say that I sewed them, but that`d be a lie. Thank you Hermana Cobello! I had tried to sew em up but did just terribly so I asked her to do it and she did. Love her! OH! The best part is that they are ironed too! They have a crease! I haven`t seen one of those bad boys in a pair of my pants forever! Woo! Go creases!


Can you believe that I`ve been here in 25 de Mayo for 6 whole months now? Insane how fast the time goes by. We don`t have any transfer news yet (it comes tonight), but I`ll for sure be here still and I think that good ol Elder Ojedita will continue with me. I just want to quickly say that I sure love my companion. 

Went to Saladillo this past week to do some interviews for patriarchal blessings, temple recommends, and a baptismal interview! In total I did 6 interviews! Woo hoo! It was really fun and I really liked doing them. I never realized before though how tiring interviews can be. I have more respect for President Carter now and how he does so many interviews. Poor Elder or Hermana that has the luck to be the last one of the day...

Oh! Scored a super sweet blessing from our trip to Saladillo! Elder Call from Saladillo gave me a sweet new tie! Ya buddy! Thanks Elder!

Jorge and Laura are doing super well! The registro opens up again this week after taking vacations and so they have plans to go this week and get things rolling with this divorce. Do it! We had a fun little BBQ with them on Monday night to celebrate their daughter`s b-day and had a good time with them. They came to the FHE we had at the church on Fridaynight too and enjoyed the little lesson about prayer and playing `2 truths and a lie` with the branch. I love all these people so much. Jorge and Laura are super studs too because they came to church on Sunday even though Laura was feeling super sick! She woke up feeling yucky and told Jorge to read her the BOM. (I don`t know if I`ve mentioned before, but Laura is practically blind) They read together and then she felt better and felt like she needed to go to church. STUD! They came and then afterwards we gave Laura a blessing. Needless to say that they are doing real well :)
Our new investigator, "Hal"

Like I just mentioned, I love all these people so much. I love the members. They love me. I love my conversos. They love me. I love the Argentinos! And...well...most of them love me! Argentina is so awesome and I love that I get to be here for this time working with them. Go Argentina! :)

I love this mission. It`s so terribly hard. I`m not gonna lie. It is terribly difficult. You might ask me then why I love it so much. Well...the hard is what makes it so great! The opposition makes me strong. The opposing wind makes me tough. The trials make me wiser. The conflicts give me opportunites to learn. This is all just one big blessing in disguise. It`s slowly revealing itself though because I`m starting to discover lots of blessings I`ve never seen before. Look at Dario! Convert from Parque! He`s put in his mission papers and is now waiting for his call! He`s getting the Sacerdocio de Melquisidec here in 2 weeks! He`s gonna go to the temple! What a blessing!!! Goodness I love this all so much. I love it I love it I love it. What a loving Father in Heaven that gives me such an opportunity to learn, grow, advance, and climb to higher heights than I`ve ever been before. With all the humility I have I feel like giving thanks to Heavenly Father, for placing such challenging obstacles in my path. Thanks for taking me to a higher plain. Thanks for giving me the challenges and trials. They make this all so great.

Well guys, I sure love you all. Smile, share, and laugh this week. Make it a great one! You decide!

Loving the greatness of it all,

Elder Nilsen

No comments:

Post a Comment