What up fam? :)
Hope all is well back in good ol T-mec! Keep on enjoying the summer sun for me! It warmed up here for a couple of days this past week and it felt SO good! I´m definitely a summer kid. The sun made me think of baseball and well....I love baseball. That´s all :) Unfortunately the cold came right on back and I´ve got freezing cold fingers as I type away right now. What are you gonna do though? Seguir adelante!
Yesterday we had our branch conference here in 25 de Mayo. It went super well! We had the members from Saladillo come over to join us for a big meeting all together. We also had the district president and his counselor here and it went really well. I gave a short little talk and shared a quick story about building sand castles on the beach back in the day and how the water would come up and destroy all of our work. I talked about how that´s how life sometimes appears. We work so hard sometimes but then it all goes for naught. I then compared this all to how we need to be storing up treasures in our ´castle´ in heaven that´s waiting for us. We need to live righteously, keep the commandments, and serve the Lord in order to get the castle all ready for us. I felt like it was a pretty good talk and I hope the members enjoyed it and that it helped them. Man I love these members. It´s so fun to be with them.
Unfortunately Guillermina didn´t go to church :( We taught her a few times during the week and we´ll keep trying to help her pray and get an answer. She hasn´t been reading in the BOM or praying as much this past week, so we gotta get her going with that again.
Jorge and Laura are awesome. Can I just say that I love them so much? They are so kind and loving and I love them with all my heart. Still no progress with the divorce because the ex husband isn´t exactly putting in his part. Please pray that the ex husband will get things rolling and that we´ll be able to get Jorge and Laura married and baptized. They always express their desires to get baptized and I just want that so badly for them. We´re gonna do it!
We got the news yesterday that Ojeda is leaving. We´re actually headed to catch a bus right after doing internet today to head on in to Buenos Aires. I´ll be getting a new comp later today and well...for those who know me well you know that change tends to kinda sorta freak me out. I get comfortable and what not and then BOOM! The Lord sends change. It´s all good though. Change is part of the Lord´s plan. It´s through change that we grow. If we got fastballs right down the pipe every day of our lives there´d be no sense of acheivement, no growth. So, what does the Lord do? He throws nasty changeups sometimes to teach us and to help us grow up here in life. So, that´s where I´m at right now...keeping my weight back (baseball speaking, not literally :) ) and waiting to smash this pitch out of the park. Let´s do it.
I love you all so much! Details about the changes to come next week! I love you all with all my heart!
Waiting to smash the changeup,
Elder Nilsen
No comments:
Post a Comment