Hello my family :)
Man oh man, can I just say that I love you all so much and that I miss you more than I ever have before? Keep it on the downlow, but I`m feeling a little homesick today....shhh :) Please know that I love you all more than you can possibly imagine. If there`s one thing that I constantly realize that I`ve learned here on my mission is just how much I love you all. You, my family, and you, all my friends that read these letters too. I love all the people that are a part of my life, and I feel extremely blessed because of all the wonderful relationships I have with my family and friends. I got a letter from good ol` Deano this week and last week I had gotten a letter from Mike and Conor too and they made me realize just how incredibly blessed I`ve been. I love you all (family and friends) so very much!
with the hair that looks like Elder Bednar! i take pride in my part! :) |
Friday night was a very special night that I won`t ever forget. We were able to go to the mission offices and we heard from the 3 Apostles (President Eyring, Elder Ballard, and Elder Christofferson) that came to dedicate the temple.Wow. What a Spirit that those 3 men carry. They walked into the room and it was just like a wall. WHAM! Drilled by the Spirit! When they spoke to us, WHAM! There it was again! Elder Christofferson speaks SUPER good Castellano and he didn`t even have to have a translator when he spoke. President Eyring and Elder Ballard both had translators, and what they said was awesome as well. I can`t fully express to you in the short time I have what they said, but just know that I felt the Spirit. They shared thoughts that seemed to be written specifically that I could hear. It was awesome. My testimony of modern day prophets and apostles definitely was strengthened this weekend.
Saturday night we got to be part of the cultural event! It was so much fun and also really spiritual! I loved when all the missionaries got to march out onto the field while singing `Somos hoy llamados al servicio` (Called to Serve). I felt like I was in the army of Helaman as I marched out onto the field with my chin held high. I felt so proud and happy to be part of the Lord`s army doing his work down here in Argentina! During the cultural event was when it really hit me that this church really is a worldwide church. It`s so cool to me that the church can be so far away from home, but it`s (mas o menos) the same here in Argentina. It was a testimony builder to me that this church really is the true church of God.
I feel like I`ve talked about families so much lately in my past few emails. I just hope you all know that I KNOW that families are forever. I hope you all know that I feel so extremely blessed to have you guys, my ETERNAL family. I feel so extremely blessed by the Lord that He gave me all of you.
HERE IS A VIDEO FROM THE CULTURAL CELEBRATION HELD AT A SOCCER STADIUM. THERE IS A 20 SECOND DELAY AT THE BEGINNING.
HERE IS A VIDEO FROM THE CULTURAL CELEBRATION HELD AT A SOCCER STADIUM. THERE IS A 20 SECOND DELAY AT THE BEGINNING.
I feel grateful that I`m homesick. Being homesick means that I have an incredible family right? Darn it! Why do you all have to be so good to me? :) I feel so far away from all of you, and I guess I am physically, but at the same time I`ve never felt so close to all of you. So far away, but oh so very close. SO very close. Forever.
I love you all. I love you all so much.
Far away yet oh so close,
Elder Nilsen

That video is great! I saw Thomas a couple of times. I talked to the sister in our ward that's from Buenos Aires and she said that she talked to friends from there that said the missionaries coming out singing was amazing and the best part of the whole thing!
ReplyDelete