Monday, September 24, 2012

Week #37 - Pressing Forward


Hello family!
 
I´m going to apologize in advance for the shortness/lameness of this letter. My time is SUPER short today. I spent too much time writing my letter to Presidente. Whoops!
 
This week was kind of tough once again, but it´s ok! It´s just a matter of pressing forward! I got to play a little baseball last p-day, so that was good! It felt SO good to throw a baseball around and to hear that BEAUTIFUL sound of the ball hitting the glove. Mmmmm how I love baseball. It´s turning into spring here and it´s making me super antsy to play baseball, but that can wait I guess!
 
So ya, this area is somewhat tough, people don´t really want to listen, and it´s somewhat tough to find people to teach. Verena is doing good though! She´s going to get baptized this Saturday! Woo! Please pray for her this week, and please also pray that we can get all the plans set for the service. It´s always a little crazy getting everything organized, but I know that we´ll be able to do it! It´s been fun teaching Verena because she accepts everything and she asks really good questions too. I love teaching so much because everytime I teach about a certain subject, I feel my testimony grow about that subject. I like it :)
 
Quick funny story:
 
We were walking on the street this week when we saw this mentally handicapped man (about 25 years old) that we see pretty often. Usually when we see him he waves and talks to us for a bit and we shake his hand and keep on going. So, we saw him and as he was getting close to us I stuck out my hand to give him the usual handshake that we always give him. Well, I guess he didn´t want to shake my hand this time because when I reached out my hand out of nowhere he made some ninja yell (whhyyyy yawwww!) and sucker punched me right in the gonads! What a punk! He had good aim and got me right on and he made it somewhat dificult to walk afterwards, but just like I said earlier, pressing forward!
 
Yesterday during lunch in the apartment we were watching the church movie ´Together Forever´ and out of nowhere I just got the strongest, craziest desire to have my own family! I just want to get married, have kids, and just have those awesome memorable times with my own kids! Ah! That feeling just came out of nowhere, but I was just going crazy as I was watching it! I was tearing up and just kept saying ´I want a family! Ah!!!´ I just felt such excitement to start my own eternal family. I´ve got a great model to follow ;) Thanks parents!
 
So ya, that´s about all I have time for. I´m sorry it´s a lame email. Just please keep me in your prayers! It´s a roller coaster ride here in Argentina, but I´m hanging on!
 
I love you all so much!
 
Pressing forward,
 
Elder Nilsen
 


P.S. Just remembered! I had a dream this week (can´t remember too much about it, but in it I was with Dean and Austin Wells and Austin was just flippin´ RIPPED! So ya, Austin (if you read these letters) I hope you´re getting ripped! I remember in the dream I looked at Austin and told him that he was ripped then he looked at himself in a mirror and said, ´ya geeze, my neck is huge!´ Haha, so ya! I love you Austin!

1 comment:

  1. Thomas!!! Sorry we have not been doing well in keeping in touch but I wanted you to know that we do think of you and pray for you often. We are so excited for all that you are learning and doing. You will never regret this time!!! We have the missionaries over for dinner here ALL THE TIME!!! It is so much fun to feel of that wonderful missionary spirit and it just makes us think of you more. Take care!!!

    The Kendricks

    ReplyDelete