I´m afraid that I don´t have too much time this week because I´ve been using my email time to chat back and forth with you and seek a little help that I need. I´m learning that the Lord stretches us to our max, and now I´m just waiting patiently to see the growth that I´m pretty sure that´s going to come through this experience. Being branch president is no walk in the park! I´m learning that very quickly. It makes me respect and love even more now the leaders of the church. It´s hard work!
This week was a little difficult, but like I´ve always said, ´every trial we have is just an opportunity to grow!´ The Lord must really want me to grow right now at this time! Just have to keep going forward. There´s no where else to go, so just gotta go up! The temple was pretty good even though we didn´t get to do a session. We did, however, get to sit and wait in the celestial room and that was a great little blessing. I love the temple and I know that it truly is the house of the Lord. What peace can be found in the walls of the temple!
I have my new companion! Chubby Elder Aramburú (are awm boo roo) from Chile! He´s really young (just turned 19 yesterday) but he´s pretty good. He plays the piano like a boss and he eats A LOT (including most of my food...whoops) but he´s a good little companion. I don´t think I´ll be with him for too long since he´s been here since October, so I guess I just gotta enjoy the time that I have with him before another new comp comes along.
My first Sunday as branch president here in 25 de Mayo went pretty well. We enjoyed the company of the 14 members that we had there and had a good little meeting. It´s really different here. I gave the combined relief society and priesthood lesson, gospel doctrine class, directed sacrament meeting, blessed the sacrament, and gave a talk! I´m learning A LOT that´s for sure. The Lord is giving me quite the opportunity to grow here and I just hope I can take advantage of it.
As me and my comp sung this morning to start our comp study, we sung (in english) hymn number 124 and it comforted me a little. I´d like to share the words with you:
Be still, my soul the Lord is on thy side
With patience bear thy cross of grief and pain
Leave to thy God to order and provide
In every change he faithful will remain
Be still, my soul they best thy heavenly friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end
Be still my soul, thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as He has the past
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake
all now mysterious shall be bright at last
Be still, my soul the waves and winds still know
HIs voice who ruled them while he dwelt below
Be still my soul, the hour is hast´ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone
Sorrow forgot, love´s purest joys restored
Be still, my soul when change and tears are past
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last
Have a great week my wonderful family! I love you and miss you all so much!
Be still,
Elder Nilsen

No comments:
Post a Comment