Monday, February 25, 2013

Week #58 - Why Not? Just Go and Do.

Good ol Nilsen clan :)



Like pretty much always, I`m super short with time, so I`m going to super quickly try to fill you in with all the details of last week. First off, I`m doing much better than I was last week. The only downer right now is that I`m on the good ol Argentina diarreah diet. Oh ya! I`ve been on this `diet` for the past few days and haven`t slept too much because of some of the `side affects` of the diet (OMG...pause really quickly right now. In the cyber where I`m emailing from right now they just turned on Burnin` Up by the Jonas Brothers! Yes! I immediately thought of Dean! We would sing it sometimes together. Ya, we`re cool. Anyway...). I`m just super tired right now, but I`m gonna try to catch a few z`s today later if my body lets me.

We had the traveling zone leaders with us this past week! Elder Young and Elder Fernandez! Elder Young 
was my ZL in Merlo for one transfer and I love him so much! We`re gonna be buds after the mission for sure. He was comps with Elder Wilson and they were good buddies too so me, Elder Wilson, and Elder Young will hang out for sursies. We established this week that Thursdays are going to be bowling nights at the Wilk at BYU :) Anyway...I learned so much this week. I learned (once again!) that missionary work is actually fun. Yes, it`s super hard, but it`s really fun too! Working with Elder Young was super fun because he`s a super confident and bold Elder and being with him made me feel confident and bold too. I`ll be using some of the things I learned from him for sure. Elder Fernandez is a goofball from Chile. Before last week, I thought he was a super serious elder, but after spending a week with him, I realize now that he`s just about anything BUT serious. He cracks joke after joke and just always keeps you laughing. On the bikes he would try to push me into cars and run me into trees and it was super fun! Karma kicked in with him though when the handle bar on his bike snapped off while he was riding and he hit his man parts really hard :)
Yesterday I went to a branch president meeting in another area out here in campo and it was really funny. Well, the actual meeting wasn`t funny (it was a little training meeting that was a great meeting), but when I walked in to the meeting it was funny because I was the only young kid there. The other branch presidents are all older men (older than 30) and when I walked in they just sort of stared at me with that `wait, what are you doing here?` look. They quickly realized that I was a branch president and then understood why I was there, but it was still funny. Made me think of the first time I walked into the dugout at Chaparral to play with the varsity guys when I was a freshman. Just like, `yup! I`m here!`

President Carter called me up last week on Saturday to talk to me and help calm me down a little bit. It`s so wonderful to have such a loving mission president! President Carter really does care about me and love me! He really is concerned about me! He told me that he already knows that I`m a really good kid and that he knows I`m going to put forth my best effort. He told me to just relax and to continue to put forth my best effort. He gave me 1 Nephi 3:7 as my official theme for the rest of my mission, so I just gotta go and do it! Go and do it and just trust that the Lord will open up the way for me.

One day this week when we were working, I laughed as I told Elder Young what my baptism goal had been before I came on my mission. I laughed because now, after being here in the mission for a while, the goal might sound a little unrealistic. I told him the goal though, expecting him to laugh too, but he just looked at me and said `why not?` As soon as he said that I felt super inspired to just go out and challenge everyone to be baptized and to accomplish my goal. Why not? Just go and do it baby.

Family, I love you all so much. When we put forth our best effort, the Lord will open up a way. Simple.

I love you!

Going and doing it,

Elder Nilsen

P.S. One of our investigators (Maria Marta) officially has a date set at the Civil Registry to be married on the 5th of April and then the 6th she`s going to get baptized! Woo!

P.S.S. Hey! I think it`s someone`s birthday today! :) Hey lyss, happy birthday! Have a great day! 20 years old! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment