Hey family :)
This week I don`t know if the members coordinated lunches or what not, but almost every lunch we ate this past week with the members we ate milanesa (chicken tenders...ish). I love milanesas, and it`d been a while since I had eaten them. I was craving them and then all of a sudden...BOOM! Milanesas for lunch everyday this past week. I think my body got sick of them because now I`m feeling not so great. Don`t worry, I`m sure it`ll pass super quick.
The situation in a nutshell, without giving details is this. There was some misunderstanding with a family here in the branch and President came and conducted an interview. After the interview, the situation was resolved, and forgotten. President left, but there was still a little misunderstanding with the family and they wanted answers from me that I couldn`t give.
Holy shoot it was so great talking to you all yesterday! You are all so awesome and I love you all so much! I felt the Spirit so strong as we ended our conversation as I asked you about blessings that you`ve seen and as I shared my testimony. It was a really special, sacred moment and I`m really glad I was able to share it with you .
Moving on now...
Sorry once again about last week`s LAME email. It was a stressful moment for me in my mission, but everything is back to normal now. Well...as normal as it gets when you`re 20 years old serving as a branch president. I`ll talk a little bit more about that experience in just a sec.
Another thing that I think the people here in 25 de Mayo coordinated this past week was the questions that people were gonna have for us. Seems like every person this past week was asking us what we believe about ghosts or spirits. What in the world? It was weird how person after person asked us about ghosts. We were talking to Iris about it and then my comp, in an attempt to perk her interest in reading the BOM, told her that there`s a ton of scriptures that talk about it. I wasn`t aware that he was saying that to get her to read the BOM more, so I looked at him during the lesson and asked `Really? I`d love for you to show me some of those!` Afterwards he told me his plan and I just laughed about it. I don`t know if that story makes any sense as I just wrote it (I`m thinking not), but ya...
Ghosts and milanesas. That basically describes our past week.
Ok...now the good stuff.
I obviously can`t say too much about the situation that was going on, but let`s just say that that fog I talked about in my letter last week cleared up really quickly.
So...that`s pretty much all I can say about that. It was super stressful and I prayed harder than I`d ever prayed before for this family and I fasted for them too. I didn`t know exactly what to do, but I just did my best. I had been praying and fasting for this family and then I talked to another family member and she told me that everything was ok. I wanted to hear that directly from the family so me and my comp decided to bake a cookie cake and write `we love you` on it in chocolate and ding dong ditch in on their doorstep. We did that and then waited for the phone call that I knew would come.
The member called me and thanked me for the dessert and then told me just what I wanted to hear: that the situation was fine and over with. I talked to the member for a few more minutes and then hung up. I was laying on my bed while I was talking to the member and as soon as I hung up I just started crying. Tears of joy that the situation was resolved. Tears of gratitude for having been heard from a loving Father in heaven. It was just one of those moments when I knew without a doubt that my Heavenly Father loves me and that He hears me and answers me.
I know that we`re all children of a loving Father in heaven. I know that without a doubt. He loves us so much and wants what`s best for us. Trust in Him and see the blessings that come :)
Eating milanesas and answering questions about ghosts,
Elder Nilsen
No comments:
Post a Comment