Monday, November 11, 2013

Week #95 - Giddy Up

Hello there family!

Well...I`m quite the happy camper right now ;) I love this all so much.

Marcelo and Betiana got married ;)



















Marcelo and Betiana got baptized ;)



















Marcelo and Betiana got confirmed ;)

3 for 3! Woo!!! Let me do the math...yup! 100% :)

Everything went SO well with the wedding, reception, baptism, and confirmation. I love Marcelo and Betiana SO much. SO much. I really don`t have all that much to say. It`s more of what I FEEL rather than what I`d like to say. I just feel so giddy. Giddy up! ;) Aww man...Marcelo and Betiana are so great and I just love them so much.

We had great participation from the ward this weekend and we really helped M and B (mas facil) feel nice and welcomed into the Lord`s Kingdom here on Earth. Through it all I just felt so blessed and so humble to have been the one chosen by Heavenly Father to lead these sincere, kind people back into the fold. It`s such a blessing to serve. It`s such a blessing to give my life for the well-being of others. It`s so hard for me to describe all that I feel right now. I had planned to write a big, long, wonderful email with details of it all, but now, sitting here, all I feel is just gid. Gid, gid, gid...and all the words have just left me.

I just have so much joy. The sting and challenges of the mission are just swallowed up right now. Everything will be ok. The only downside to it all right now is that there`s only 2 more months of this all left...ouch.

I think one of the highlights from the weekend was right before the wedding when Marcelo`s sister-in-law was joking with him and telling him to say goodbye to single life and just telling him that once he gets married, single life is out the window. He just kind of laughed and smiled and then turned to me and said (just between me and him) `ya...but this is something eternal. Right Nilsen?` Right you are my friend ;) Another highlight was when M and B were leaving church yesterday and getting lots of hugs and kisses from the members and I just gave Marcelo a big hug and he looked at me and said `ya...we`re gonna stay strong in this.` Converted converts. That`s what it`s all about ;)

Giddy up baby...giddy up ;)

I love you so much family. You`re the best and I can`t wait to spend forever with each and every one of you ;)

Giddying up,

Elder Nilsen

No comments:

Post a Comment