Well guess what??
We had a baptism and confirmation and completed with our companionship goal of 3 confirmations for the month!
WOO!!!
Guess what else?
We got robbed.
Whoops.
Story!
We were walking on the busiest street of our area yesterday at 3 in the afternoon when what looked like a 16 year old mentally handicapped kid came up to us tapping his wrist asking to know what time it was. Now, I know that you don´t EVER have to take out your phone in the street, but I figured that I´d help the poor kid out and, besides, it was the busiest street in the area during broad daylight. Well, I took out the phone and he took out a gun and well, all of a sudden he wasn´t mentally handicapped anymore! He asked for the phone (which I willingly gave him) and then asked for money. Well, for some reason I had like 100 pesos on me, but that´s all I have left for the month so I sure as heck wasn´t gonna let him take that from me so I told him no. He shoved the gun back down into his pants (giving me a LOVELY view of his male parts on accident) and told us to not say anything then ran away. That´s how it all went down ;) Oh Catán. Not gonna lie, since the moment I came back to the zone of Catán I´ve secretly hoped I´d get robbed again to be able to have just one more fun story to tell when I get home. Well...wish fulfilled! ;)
Bringing the Spirit back to this letter now ;)
Emmanuel is a miracle from the Lord for sure. He came out of nowhere and helped us complete with our worthy goals that we had set. We didn´t exactly know where that 3rd baptism would come from (Marcelo and Betiana were the first 2), but we set the goal with faith and then got to work! The Lord sure blessed us and I feel so humble to know that He trusted us enough to bless us with that miracle. Oh how I love miracles ;)
This morning we came to the offices to get our new phone and we then found out we had interviews with President! Surprise! My interview went REALLY well. Me and President Carter talked about why I had been placed with Elder Tolaba (because I had commented before that I didn´t know the reason). While we talked I just felt so humbled. We talked about another companion that I´d been with and the reasons I had the opportunity to serve with him. President Carter shared some great insight as to my purpose with these companions. I have always focused on the people I teach and share the gospel with. I never thought about what an influence I could have on companions. I appreciated his insight and feel blessed to serve and to change lives in whatever capacity the Lord needs us.
At the end of the interview President told me, ´you´ve got one transfer left after this week. 7 weeks. What do you want?´ Whoa. Leaving it up to me to decide? En serio? Well, I asked him if I could think about it and he said that he´d interview my companion and then I´d have to tell him. Whoa, that´s not too much time President! I stepped outside, sat down, and said a prayer. I thought about Parque San Martin and thought about going back to campo. I was leaning towards campo when President opened the door and beckoned me in. ´Well...?´ he said. ´I think I want to go back to campo´ I said with a grin. ´CAMPO? You want to go BACK to campo?´ I said yes and he asked for a 2nd preference and I told him Parque San Martin and he said he´d take it to the Lord. So...we´ll see next week (on my birthday!) where and how Elder Nilsen ends his mission in Argentina. Whoa. That sounds weird. All I know is that I´m gonna end it with a bang wherever I am ;)
I love you so much family.
He was right before my eyes,
Elder Nilsen
No comments:
Post a Comment