Monday, December 2, 2013

Week #98 - Pinching Pennies, Pinching Time

Hi there Nilsen clan ;)

First off, thanks to all my family and friends who wrote me wishing me a happy birthday! I almost had forgotten that it was my birthday this week! ;) Thanks so much though! It`s good to know that a few of you still remember who Thomas Nilsen is ;)

Well...


Today is day one of my last transfer of the mission.

Is that really weird to me? Yes. How do I feel about that? Not quite sure. Lots of mixed emotions for sure. Excited, scared, sad, happy, tired...just lots of emotions. Just to sum it all up though...it`s just time to get down to business and end this mission on a hot streak. Let`s do it!

This last week was the last week of the month and well, didn`t have a WHOLE lot of money to spend. Let`s just say I probably lost a good 4 or 5 pounds ;) Don`t worry Mom, I`m ok though because today we got our monthly allotment and we had a district activity at a pizza libre (all you can eat pizza) and between me and my comp we downed 28 pieces of pizza. Ya, I think I`m good now for ALL of December ;) It was a week full of pinching pennies (the few that I had left) and enjoying every moment of what`s left of this precious gift of a mission.

It was a little different this last week working in this area knowing (well...practically knowing) that I`m leaving. I just did my best to stay focused and get this place all set up to reach our goal of 3 confirmations for the month. It`s looking like we`ll be able to do it even with 0 people coming to church yesterday ;( Argh. Back when I first started the mission when no one came to church I sort of just shrugged it off my shoulder and would think `well, there`s always next week!` but now I just get a little sad and disappointed that our investigators that we work SO hard with during the work don`t progress towards baptism. Plus, I don`t have a whole lot of Sundays left here in Argentina! I want my last 6 Sundays to be full of investigators at church! 

I`m pretty sure that Maria is going to get baptized this month. We had bought her a big pack of Halls candy (oh ya...I guess in the states Halls are for if you have a cough. Here they`re candy!) to eat when she`s got desire to smoke. As of last Saturday she hadn`t smoked at all! I was so happy for her! We`re trying our best to get her ready for the 14th so pray for her!

We`ve got a few other people (mostly kids) that we`re trying to get ready for the 28th at the end of the month, so be praying for Agustin, Alba, and Luna too! If I had more time I`d give some more detalles, but come on...you know how email time is. 

I`m just still caught up in the fact that this is my last transfer. I`ve got super poco tiempo left in the mission. Pinching time like crazy! I`m just determined to give it my all....all my heart, all my might, all my mind, all my strength (the little that I`ve got left! ;) ). I feel like the Lord`s been preparing me for the past 23 months and now it`s time for me to put it all together this last transfer...wherever I may be (Parque San Martin I hope!).

What do you say I go out with a bang? I`m down ;)

Haha...in my head I just started singing `baby are you down down down down down...dooowwwn....` Whoops. Worldly music can wait for 6 more weeks ;) Coldplay aw fool! ;)

I`m focused, don`t you worry. It requires lots of attention and diligence, but I`ve got my head in this still. 6 more diligent, obedient weeks left ;)

Let`s go.

Pinching time,

Elder Nilsen

No comments:

Post a Comment