Monday, December 16, 2013

Week #100 - Let's Remember Him


Hey there family!


What a weird week. SUPER weird week. As I get closer and closer to being home, the more and more weird I feel. I don`t know. I just have lots of emotions and thoughts running through my head. I`m happy though ;) It`s just the reality of me returning home in a matter of 5 weeks kinda freaks me out and gets me so excited at the same time...ugh. So hard to explain. I`m good though! ;) Why talk about time? There`s better things to talk about right?


I think what made this last week so weird was the fact that I went to my last zone conference as a missionary. Went to my last zone conference AND gave my `final testimony` at the conference. That was the strangest moment of my life. I`ve seen Elder after Elder after Elder give their final testimony and just thought that that moment would never arrive for me...well...it arrived. I gave a brief, powerful testimony of the things that I know. Didn`t cry, didn`t get choked up...just felt unreal is all. A couple of the Elders thanked me for my testimony and said it brought a few tears to their eyes. That meant a lot to hear that. I`m just grateful that my testimony of the truth can make a impact in the lives of others ;)

I sat down after giving my testimony and President got up to continue on with zone conference and I just started crying quietly as I thought about how much I`m going to miss President. This man has changed my life. I love him SO much. SO much. I`m going to miss him a TON.

Anyway...let`s talk about happier, less emotionally-trying things shall we? ;
Investigators!
We are working with a guy named Marcelo so that he can get baptized by the end of December/beginning of January. We hadn`t been able to visit him because of some special circumstances regarding some weird spirits in his house that we had to take out with the help of the bishop and other priesthood holders here, but we`re good to go now! We`re going to be visiting him like crazy to be able to help him repent (stop drinking) and to be able to enter the waters of baptism!
Another family we found this last week is the Naranjo family. The 14 yr old son in the family is a member but the mom, grandma, and other brother aren`t. Well, we`re gonna see what we can do about that! They`re really kind and receptive, they just need to keep their commitments a little better and come to church. We`re going to see what we can do to have them baptized on the day I hit 2 years on the mission! January 11th! Woo! Pray for them please!
That`s about it as far as investigators for now. There`s a couple others but for time`s sake just be praying for our investigators to progress (complete with their commitements in reading, praying, and going to church). If they complete with commitments, they`re showing faith and repenting and that`s EXACTLY what we need from them ;)
So ya...
I don`t have too much more to say. Next Monday I won`t be here because we`re going to the temple! Woo! Can`t wait for that! That`ll be a great spiritual refresher to fill me up to make it to the end. I`m learning lots of valuable lessons about the importance of enduring to the end. I can make it. It`s going to fly. Just a matter of working hard.
This is a special time of year to think about our Savior Jesus Christ. I know He came to this Earth. I know it with all my heart. Not only do I know that, but I also know that He came to the Earth with a mission. A mission that  He fulfilled majestically and completely...giving His perfect life for us. I know that as He suffered for my sins, He saw me. He saw you. He saw us. And He kept forward until He fulfilled His mission. Now, thanks to Him and His perfect Atonement, we are free. We are free and have the potential to inherit all that our loving Heavenly Father has waiting for us in  His mansions above. Christ now lives. He lives and He loves us with a perfect, pure love. Let`s remember Him...especially this time of year when we celebrate his birth. I love my Savior.
I love all of you too ;)
TALK to you next week ;) Super pumped!
Remembering Him,

Elder Nilsen






No comments:

Post a Comment