Monday, December 9, 2013

Week #99 - Hello Parque

Hi there family ;)

Well....I`m back in Parque San Martin!!!! Happiest transfer meeting ever that`s for sure! A nice little birthday present from President Carter I`d say ;) It`s so great to be back here. I feel like I never even left! It just feels like I went on long divisions or something and now I came back. It`s so great though to be walking in these streets, walking down memory lane like crazy! Seeing all the members and converts has been super great too!

The first person I went to go see was good ol Dario Medina ;) We called him on the phone and told him that the new Elder`s name was Elder Johnson so then when I showed up at his door he was pleasantly surprised ;) It was a very happy reunion with a big ol hug that involved me picking him up and practically throwing over my shoulder ;)
Went and said hello too the Hermana Paredes who is practically my mom here in Argentina. We knocked her door and I had my back turned when she came to the door and then I turned around and her jaw just dropped and she had to fight really hard to not give me a hug ;) Apparently I`m here `preferred Elder` and she just loves me so much ;) I sure love her too! That whole family is just the best! Just ALL the members here are so great! This is most definitely the best ward in the mission. What a blessing it is to be here again ;)

At church on Sunday they didn`t make me share my testimony (something that the new missionary to the ward usually does) but they made me stand up and they re-introduced me and everyone had big smiles on their faces and then the obispo said that I`ve got some work to finish in this ward. I don`t know what that work is, but I`m more than willing to work here again in this area ;) I just love ALL these members SO very much. It`s been so wonderful to see their faces light up when they see me! I love them SOOO much! Ahhh! I can`t get over how much I love them all! We had lunch on Sunday with the Familia Paredes and she had made me a little birthday banner and a cake again for me! Just like last year! Oh yes!

It was also great to see another convert of mine, Verena, at church too! I hadn`t had contact at all with her since I left, but she`s super involved with a calling with the young women and she`s making GREAT progress in the gospel! She looks so much more happy and bright! The gospel changes lives! What a blessing! Ooo and she`s also close to getting married and sealed to her member boyfriend! It`s be SWEET to be able to go to that before I leave ;)

As far as investigators go here in PSM-A (I don`t have to cover the whole area now, it`s split in 2), we`ve got a few investigators that we`ve got to get progressing towards baptism. There`s lots of gators, but we gotta get them making real progress, real repentance, real acceptance of the atonement in their lives. There`ll be more detailed updates with the gators next week, but be praying for us here in PSM and be praying for us to get these gators progressing towards the pond (cool mission lingo right? ;) )








Well, I don`t really have too much more to say and I don`t really have too much more time to write anyway. It`s just wonderful to be back here and I`m so excited to end this beautiful mission working my tail off and NOT getting trunky. FOCUS Elder Nilsen! You got this! 5 more weeks of dedicated diligence and faith. Let`s do it ;)

Happy to be back in Parque,

Elder Nilsen

No comments:

Post a Comment