Monday, January 21, 2013

Week #53 - Stand - Do What It Takes

Nilsen clan :)
How are you all doing? Good to hear that little Janie is being such a trooper! She´s been in my prayers this last week and it´s great to see that they´ve been being answered! She´ll continue to have prayers sent her way from the great land of Argentina! I love you Janie!
I feel like I should inform all of you of an important decision that I made this week. Lots of thought went into it, and I feel like now that it´s all said and done I´ve made the correct decision.
I´m officially a fan of River.
To all of you that aren´t in Argentina (probably EVERYONE reading this letter) this decision may not seem that crucial or important, but let me assure you: it´s a pretty big deal. Before I was a Boca fan, but after some persuasion from Derek and a lot of self reflection I´ve decided that it´d be best if I liked River. I made my decision on Saturday afternoon and then later that night River beat Boca 2-0 :) Confirmation of my decision :)
Isn´t it so great to know that I´m still such a goof?
This week was a good one. It went by so fast for me for some reason! It´s probably because I spent 2 full days out of my area. That might be why it went so fast. Ya, that´s definitely it. Anyway...one day we went to Capital to church offices (super nice!) and the other day I was doing divisions with another companionship and I went to their area.
I don´t know if I´ve told you yet, but my current district right now consists of me and my companion, Hermanas Johnson and Pasquale, and Hermanas Salas and Guzmán. Yup, we´re the only Elders. Instead of calling it ´el distrito´ we like to call it ´la distrita´ :) So ya, obviously I can´t do divisions with my district, so I went over and helped the other district. It was super fun! I was with little Elder Valdes from Guatemala! I was thinking of you all day Jesse! He´s super cool and we had a fun little day in the pouring rain. We got SOAKED, but I learned just how quickly God can respond to our desires sometimes. During the morning it was super hot and humid and we walked past pool after pool after pool and I commented to Elder Valdes how great it´d be to go swimming. Well, God gave me the water I was wanting! We got SOAKED! So great. Walking in water that got up to our knees with everyone looking at us with that ´what in the world are they doing´ look. I love those moments. While we were walking I just stopped on one corner for a second, looked around, looked up at the dark sky, and just got the biggest smile on my face. It was just one of those ´man the mission is great´ moments :)
Luis and Ramona (Derek´s parents) are looking great for their baptism this Saturday and for their confirmations the following Sunday! Saturday is going to be a great great day. It very well could be one of the most spiritual baptismal services I´ve been a part of because Derek is going to baptize his parents. Seeing one of my converts using the priesthood to baptize his parents to help them get on the path that leads to eternal life with our Heavenly Father? Oooo the thought just gives me the chills :) Keep both of them in your prayers this week. You already know just how crazy baptism weeks can be!
I had a pretty sweet experience this week and I´d love to share it with you all quickly :)
I watched the 2013 youth theme song video for the first time this past week called ´Stand´. It is the best video ever! I popped the DVD in the player and started to watch it, and I was surprised with what happend to me as I watched. I don´t know if you´ve seen the video or not, but it shows a girl and a guy growing up in high school, being good kids and stuff and preparing for missions, then it shows them on their missions, and then they meet at BYU and get married and it shows them with their family. Well, as I was watching it I was immediately filled with a flood of personal revelation realizing that it´s only through the simple, basic truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ that all of my fondest dreams and hopes can be fulfilled. As I watched the video I realized just how much I desire to have a family one day soon. I can´t wait! Then I thought of the wonderful blessing that I have right now to help other families be together forever. I wish I had more time to share more with you about this experience, but it´s enough for me to say that as tears rolled down my face I came to the great realization of just how wonderful this church is. Our church is so amazing! Through the church, families can be formed and can be sealed for time and all eternity! Think about that for just a second. All eternity! Wow! I love you all so much and I thank you all for being who you are so that we can be an eternal family. I´m willing to do whatever it takes to be with you all forever. We have to stand up for the right and do what it takes. It´ll all be more than worth it in the end. Stand up NOW and do what it takes so that we´ll be an eternal family.
Boy, I´m filled with so much love for you everytime I sit down and write to you all. You all rock and I love you all so much.
Doing what it takes,
Elder Nilsen






No comments:

Post a Comment