Hey guess what? I am officially able to email ALL my friends, family, and fellow missionaries! No limits! Well besides the hour and a half that I have, but hey! Email me friends! Email me email me email me! Here´s the address:thomas.nilsen@myldsmail.net. Hit me up :) Woo hoo!
So that´s the first good news, the 2nd good news is that I have a new, Uruguayo companion! Woo! Elder Ticino from Montevideo, Uruguay. There´s only 2 Uruguayos here in our mission and now I´ve been comps with both of them. What´s up?!? Elder Ticino is pretty tranquilo. He´s got like 10 months in the mission, so he´s got a pretty good idea of what he´s doing. It should be pretty fun to work with him for the time that we´re together. Do work! :)
3rd piece of good news...guess who my new zone leader is? ELDER WILSON!!! Woo! I saw his face pop up on the transfer video as my zone leader and I went crazy! I stood up and was cheering super loud. Heck. Yes. Pretty pumped about that.
4th piece of good news (lots of good news right?)...Carlos got baptized! Heck yes! The water was a little bit chilly because our capilla (chapel) still is without gas but Carlos didn´t seem to mind. I got in first and put on a smile even though it was a little nippy and told him that it was nice. He got in, smiled, and said that he didn´t mind the water and that he actually prefers water cold...cold water (that was major spanglish for you right there, putting the noun in front of the adjective, whoops). It was fun for me to direct the baptismal service in flip flops (probably one of the only meetings in my life that I´ll direct wearing flip flops!) and wearing the white clothes. I love getting dressed in white and seeing the people I´ve come to love so much dressed in white too. I love to see the difference, too, of the people right before and right after their baptism. Carlos isn´t a super emotional guy, and doesn´t smile TOO much, but after his baptism he sure had a cute little grin on his face :) I love Carlos ´corcho´!
What else could I say about this week? I´ve been a little sick this past week with a cold and aches and pains, but we´ve kept on working igual (the same...I think?). I should probably be taking care of myself a little bit better (for example, not walking around in the pouring rain for 3 hours last night in my ´holy´ shoes), but I figure the Lord is gonna protect me. I´m sick, but I think I´m happy.
I´m pretty pumped for conference this coming week. Should be super great to hear from the prophet and apostles. I´ll be watching it here in our chapel in castellano with all the members and it should be pretty sweet. It´s a blessing to have a prophet on the earth, that´s for sure.
Umm...I´m a little all over the place today. Feeling a little scatterbrained thinking about the things I need to take care of today. Sorry about this somewhat lame email. It´s kinda short, but just know that it´s full of love :) Awww...how sweet! (sarcastic voice)
Hugo and Paula are fine. Paula´s divorce is gonna be easier than Hugo´s because Paula´s ex is willing to give her the divorce while Hugo´s ex has just gone crazy and won´t do anything to help him out. We´ll be praying for a miracle with those divorces. Come on baby.
Iris is doing super great :) She said that after reading the BOM and praying about the 20th of April, that´s her date. She said she feels good and she´s gonna take that wonderful step and be baptized. Woo hoo! It´s been super great to see the change and progress with her. I love her and she´ll be a super convert :)
Well, the mission, I´m discovering, is a huge mountain to climb. It´s got it´s pretty moments with beautiful views where you´re walking downhill enjoying the sun and the beauty all around you, but unfortunately it´s also got it´s uphill, rocky moments in the rain. Sometimes I feel like I´ve come to my limit and I just want to sit down and call for a helicopter to take me to the top, but even if I could do that it wouldn´t do me any good at all. I have to climb the mountain to develop muscles and endurance and strength. With the helicopter ride, I wouldn´t grow at all. Sure, I´d reach the top, but it wouldn´t even feel like I´d accomplished anything. So ya...that´s where I´m at right about now. Going through one of those more rocky, uphill moments, wanting to sit down, but I won´t. I can´t. Just keep climbing. I´m just doing my best and that´s all that can be expected right? Climb baby, climb!
I love you all so much. You are all the best and I miss you so very much. Make this next week a good one, that´s what I´m gonna do! I love you so much!
Climbing,
Elder Nilsen
P.S. Amigos, don´t forget to email me! Once again...thomas.nilsen@myldsmail.net. I love you all! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment