Nilsen family,
Before I get going, I just want to say that we found another huge spider this week out behind our capilla. Darn spiders keep on making me think of Dean! I love you so much buddy!
It just hit me about what I`m really offering and giving to God`s children here in Argentina. I`m giving them the most precious and treasured gift above all other gifts. The gift that God wants these people to have, the gift that God NEEDS these people to have. It`s just so humbling and astonishing to me that God trusts me enough to be the messenger of such and incredible gift. I offer people hope. I offer people a new start. I offer people the chance to accept the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ in their lives.
Well shoot...I`ve got approximately 5 minutes to write this letter. Had a longer letter to write to Presidente Carter this week so lots of my time was dedicated to that. Sorry. Sorry to all the buds that I didn`t write back to either! Next week I promise!
First off...FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS to the best little sister in the whole world! Happy birthday little pick! 15! Woo woo! Only one more year til you can da...actually...only 10 more years until you can start dating! :) Dating is overrated and you should wait until you`re 25! Just some good ol protective brotherly counsel :)
This week was pretty good! We got our new water heater installed fine so we enjoyed some nice warm water for Iris`s baptism this past Saturday. Her baptism was so great! For some reason, I was really nervous before the service. I always get stressed right before services waiting for the investigator to show up, waiting for members to show up, filling up the font, etc. and usually all that stress and nervousness I feel goes away as soon as the service starts. This time though, I don`t know why, I was still nervous when I started directing the service. I just was worrying that all would be ok...I should`ve know better that the Lord takes care of things nicely. I was still feeling a bit anxious (nervous kind :) ) as I climbed up the ladder to get into the font, but as soon as I was standing there in the font with Iris all my fear and anxiety just vanished. Everything just became so clear and warm inside and I felt so great. Right after I baptized Iris, she came out of the water and was just holding her face in her hands like she was about to cry. She was just standing there and was saying over and over `què momento tan especial.` (what a special moment.) It was there when things just sort of hit me.
What a blessing it is to share this gift :)
Sorry about the shortness of this little carta. A better one, with much more detail, will be coming for you all next week :)
Giving the gift,
Elder Nilsen
No comments:
Post a Comment