Hi family!
Before I get goin` here I think it`d be really important to mention something really important that`s happening here in 25 de Mayo today.
Elder Nilsen is having a REALLY good hair day.
That`s all :)
This week was so great! I`m really starting to love this wonderful work even more and I`m really starting to see the blessings that the Lord gives me. There truly are little blessings to be found in our lives EVERYDAY if we just look diligently enough to find them. President Monson`s talk `Consider the Blessings` is a really good one. Read it!
My comp got bit by a dog this week! Got him pretty good and there`s a small chance that we`ll have to go in to Buenos Aires in 10 days to get a rabies shot. Small chance, but it`s still there. I saw the dog on the street and he started barking pretty good and I told Elder Ticino that we should move to the side but my comp decided to give it a mean look, hoping that that would make him go away. Well, that didn`t work. Snapped him nice and good on the calf. Argentine dogs. Gotta love em :)
Had a fun activity on Saturday afternoon playing a little futbol in the rain with the youth here. We had 4 young men show up and it was super fun. I rocked the Argentina jersey and wore my cleats (ya, remember those?) for the first time in Argentina! Woo hoo! My comp was really impressed with my soccer skills (I didn`t know I had soccer skills!) and told me that I`m the best gringo that he`s ever seen! What a compliment! He also asked me, seriously, why I don`t play soccer for BYU. I tried not to laugh when he asked me that, but hey! Maybe I`m getting good at soccer! I can give Taylor a run for his money now when I get back! :)
Quick update with people/investigators...
Carlos passed the sacrament for the first time yesterday :) He looked great in the white shirt and tie that I had given to him. It`s awesome to see converts progress in the church.
Iris is doing well too! She came to church again and she`s getting some pretty good fellowshipping from the sisters in the ward.
Marìa Marta is also doing well. She doesn`t show too much emotion ever, but I think that inside she`s really excited for her wedding on the 17th and then for her bautismo on the 18th. We continue to hike way out to her house about 3 times a week to make sure all is well and to see if there is any service we can lend at her house.
We found a sweet new investigator this past week named Karen. We found her thanks to Iris. Look at her, already being a member missionary :) Karen is the niece of Iris and is living with her now because she just separated from her BF because he cheated on her, leaving her and the 2 year old daughter to fend for themselves. (Side note here...the mission is super great marriage prep for me. I`ve seen the hurt of so many women because of their husbands/BF`s being unfaithful. To my future wife: I will always be faithful to you. 100%. Always. Anyway...) We taught her in Iris`s house and it was such a spiritual lesson! I felt the Spirit working through me big time as we talked about baptism and how it`s a great opportunity for us to start over and completely forget about our past life. She started to cry as I invited her to be baptized and start over again and she accepted for the 18th of May :) It was such a spiritual lesson and both Elder Ticino and I left the lesson with big smiles on our faces, full of love and appreciation for the opportunity we have to serve missions.
Sundays here for me are super crazy and hectic. Running around the church making sure that everyone is where they need to be, teaching primary until the teacher shows up, teaching the youth because the teacher never shows up, making assignments for sacrament meeting, making sure there is bread for the sacrament...just a ton of things to do. I love it though. It gives me a little bit of healthy stress I think. Honestely though, I just feel you, Dad, on Sundays. I`ve always seen you faithfully fulfill with your callings in the church and I`ve always seen how you`ve completed with all of your duties in church, work, and the family. I just feel like a mini Mark Nilsen making the mission be a great experience. I`m so grateful for you, Dad, and your wonderful example. I love you. Elder `Mini Mark` Nilsen makin` the mish :)
I love you all so much family!
Makin` the mish,
Elder Nilsen
P.S. In case you couldn`t tell, I`m really happy and in a good mood today. Gotta love it :)

No comments:
Post a Comment