Monday, June 24, 2013

Week #75 - We're Up


Hey family ;)

I survived transfer meeting! I didn`t even get sick this time either! I just was FREEZING cold (especially my feet) as I waited to see my face up there on the screen with my new comp. Survived though! Thanks for the prayers :)

My new comp is Elder Sebastian Ojeda from Limpio, Paraguay. He`s the Elder that replaced me when I left from Parque San Martin so we`ve been able to connect a little bit as we`ve reminsiced (sp?) about good ol Parque days. Elder Ojeda is a little bit different from any other comp I`ve had...hard to describe why, but he just is! He`s a really good kid that comes from a really humble background. He was adopted at age 5 after his mom died and he`s lived out in the campo of Paraguay his whole life. My goal with him right now is to be able to understand him because he talks with the most strange accent I`ve ever heard. His native language is the campo language of Paraguay that`s called `guaranì` and spanish is his 2nd language. He speaks spanish perfectly, but man! It is so hard to understand him! I`m sure I`ll get used to it though. Another Latino comp though! I was expecting a gringo for a comp because I`ve had latins for like 8 months straight, but I guess the Lord has something else in store.


It was good to be back in my area this week. I missed it. I didn`t like being out of it for so long because I knew that things would pile up for me to do in my responsibilities as branch president and sure enough I was right! Had a bunch of stuff to do, but it`s all for the good of others. Helping others...ain`t nothin better.

Jorge and Laura came to church again yesterday! Holy cow I`ve been able to see such a change in both of them. Particularly in their countanences (sp?). Both of their faces just seem a little brighter and it looks like they`ve got more hope. They both want to get baptized already, BUT (oh no!) they need to get married. We`re in for a bit of a long road too because Laura needs to get divorced from another marriage first too. I don`t think I`ll be here for when they get baptized, but I`m sure gonna help them get there while I`m here! I don`t know how much longer I`ll be here, but I plan on doing everything I can to help them out.

I was able to watch the broadcast from Provo (The Work of Salvation) yesterday. It was awesome! 1st off...I love BYU. The Marriott Center! How how I love BYU. Rise and shout the cougars are out! :) 

Anyway...the training was so sweet! Brought tears to my eyes many different times but especially when they showed that little video with the songs `I hope they call me on a mission` and `We`ll bring the world his truth`. Gosh! I love this all! I watched that and just thought about how my whole life I`ve been prepared to do what I`m doing right now. Super cool I`d love to expound on it all, but sufficeth to say that it rocked. Oh, and I got to see Elder Sughroe (sp?) singing in the choir! Love you bud!

I hope you all realize what a blessing it is to be here on Earth at this time. We`ve been saved for these latter days! It`s so true! I bet we were all so anxious to get here to `play` in the `game` of life but our inspired coach (Heavenly Father) held us, His most capable players, until the game was on the line in the bottom of the 9th. Makes me think of that shirt I used to wear that said `it`s the bottom of the 9th and the bases are loaded. You`re up.` Well folks, we`re up to bat here. Heavenly Father trusts us so much to be here right now. What are we going to do? Let`s hit a grand slam! Let`s act out of love and do what our coach knows we`re capable of doing. Climb on board everybody! It`s time to participate with energy and love in this awesome work!

Oh how I love baseball ;)

Have a great week! 

I love you!

Up in the bottom of the 9th,

Elder Nilsen

No comments:

Post a Comment