Man wasn´t conference just the BOMB? I loved it so very much. I´m still trying to believe that that was the last conference I´ll watch from here in the mission field. Super. Weird. 40 hours of conference on the mission? Done. Time though is something I don´t really want to talk about though because I´ll just get distracted :)
This past week went fairly well. I´m super bummed that NONE of our investigators showed up to conference this past weekend. Lame. We did have Marcelo and Betiana there (juntado couple) and guess what? They´re going to get married!!! That was definitely the miracle of the week. We had a SUPER sweet lesson with them and then commited them to go get their turn at the civil registry. Betiana has never had any problems with getting married, it´s been Marcelo that´s required a little more convincing, but with the Spirit, a supportive member, and good ol common sense we had a lesson that convinced him. They´re going today or tomorrow to get their turn to get married. YESSSS!!!
Had a funny experience this past week when a guy called us over to his house to talk to him. We were walking quickly by to get to another appointment but he called us over and brought out a New Testament seminary manual and told us that he´d been reading it and that it all just made sense to him. He said that he didn´t understand how people don´t think Mormons are Christians and a bunch of other stuff. He said he´d been going to an evangelical church and that stuff just wasn´t making sense to him. Well, we got into his house (well, the backyard) and started to have a lesson with him. We talked about the restoration and Joseph Smith and how there´s no need for confusion like he feels. We started to talk about how to get rid of confusion and doubt he should be baptized in Christ´s true church. (Little background info...we were right around the corner from our chapel) We testified of baptism and then I asked the famous question ´will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone that holds the priesthood authority of God?´ He, right then in that moment, (we´d had like a 45 min lesson) said ´oh ya...I already got baptized in the church here around the corner.´ En serio? I asked him to double check and he most definitely had been baptized. Why he didn´t tell us when we first got there? I have no idea. Still trying to figure that one out. Gee darn.
I know that this church is true. There´s not a doubt in my mind. I love it. I live it. I will endure with faith.
Oh...and I love all of you guys too :)
Have a great week!
Bringing others to the refuge,
Elder Nilsen
No comments:
Post a Comment