Hey family!
How`s everyone doing? I hope you`re all doing well! Hope you all know how much I love you!
I`ve had a ton of dreams with you guys lately and I just wanted to double check here...you guys don`t speak spanish right? Because in all my dreams you all speak spanish! :) Speaking of dreams...I just had one last night and in it President Hinckley came and inspected our apartment here and he told me that I`m the most organized missionary he`s ever seen :) Oh...and apparently President Hinckley speaks spanish too!
Anyway...
What a great week we had here this past week! Let me fill you in with the quick details!
Marcelo and Betiana have a turn to get married!!! Yes!!! They get married on the 8th of November and then baptized the next day on the 9th. What`s up?!? Super happy for them and so happy that they`re going to get married and baptized. Pray for Marcelo please that he`ll be able to leave those last 2 or 3 cigarettes that he smokes per day. I know he can do it and with a little help from the Lord he`s got it!
We have another family (well...uncle, niece, and niece`s son) that we started teaching a few weeks ago and we got them to church for the first time yesterday! Andres, Veronica, and Alexis. Andres has a little bit of difficulty walking, so we coordinated bien with a member to go and pick them up in his car and all went well and they got to church and they liked it! They have a baptismal date set for the 9th of November too, but we`re going to see if they can get baptized here earlier in the last fin de semana de October. Let`s do it! Baptizing families! Woo! They`re the only ones that live in the house, so technically it`s a family! Yes! Families are the best!
Our other investigator that came to church yesterday is Maria. She`s a nice lady that lives in very humble circumstances. She has 9 kids! One of them already got baptized a while ago with other missionaries, but no one else got baptized in the family! The kids are kind of (well...super) rebelious, but we`ll see what we can do there! Maria has a fecha bautismal set for the 9th of November and will need to stop smoking too. Leave those cigarrillos in the past and get baptized! Woo!
We had a really good week. The Lord really blessed us. We worked hard. We were obedient. We saw blessings. On a side note here...my companion told me that I`m the most obedient comp that he`s had on his mission ;) Aw...what a compliment! I love obedience and strive EVERYDAY to be 100% what the Lord expects of me. Feels good to do what`s right.
Speaking of that...on Tuesday in our district meeting Elder Streadbeck, one of the zone leaders, took just a little bit of time to talk about something that for some reason really stuck with me during the week. He talked about being worthy of the Lord`s trust. If we expect to be blessed with families to teach, we have to have the Lord`s trust. After all, those families that we expect to be blessed with are the Lord`s children. He`s not doing to just bless us if we`re not doing our part. Elder Streadbeck used an example that I won`t forget. He asked before the meeting if I had a little sister and I had told him yes (love you Pick!). He then gave a great example about how I wouldn`t let some random kid of the street here in Argentina go out with my sister. Heck no I wouldn`t! He has to have a temple recommend! ;) Anyway, he connected that to how the Lord won`t let us teach a golden family if we`re not doing the things we need to be doing. It made me want to always be worthy of the Lord`s trust to be able to always be worthy to receive the Lord`s blessings through out my whole life. Good lesson learned.
I love you all so much and hope you have a fantastic week! Smile and share the gospel with someone this week and then pass the referral to the Elders ;)
Love you all!
Worthy of His trust,
Elder Nilsen
No comments:
Post a Comment